Thursday, March 01, 2007

Wo Kagaz ki kashti, Wo Baarish ka paani……………..

Just finished my CodeGym Assessment in Wipro, and just received the news that I have been short listed for the admission to Symbiosis Institute of operation Management (SIOM). But the want for more, the want to get into NM wouldn’t just get bigger but more furious. I was talking to one of good friend, Shabbar the other day and he asked me some very fundamental question, which are valid for everyone in this rat race of “Career”.

1. Do you really need to “rugdofy” yourself this much to stay happy?
2. Can’t we be happy doing a small business in our small town, Udaipur?
3. What will we get by taxing our thoughts and brains to limits?
4. Is every educated person happy? And All illiterate unhappy?
5. Money can’t be earned without staying away from your family and friends?

All the questions were piercing my heart and soul, not only because I share the thought process on many occasions but also because I haven’t really found answers to them. Why is there this never ending thirst for success, n why the hell would I let world define whether or not I am successful, just because you are a engineer or not, or now a MBA for that matter. I really feel I could earn equal or more amount of money doing my family business in Udaipur, which by the way is a cool, serene and a magnificent place to live in. Why, Why Am I taxing myself with traffic of Bangalore, crazy people, rude and arrogant managers, hectic life style, a cook who thinks of himself like a king, watchman who is never available, and many more things……..??

I want back my days of careless childhood back. I want my days of freedom, freedom from the thoughts of a career, life, money, future n blah blah blah.

Ye Dualat bhi le lo, Ye shauhrat bhi le lo,
Bhale cheen lo mujhse meri jawani,
Magar mujhko lauto do bachpan ka sawaan,
Wo kagaz ki kashti , Wo baarish ka paani

No comments: